If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Using poll_id number as anchor  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
medusahead
Beginner

hello, one other thing.

I have several polls on a pages and when someone votes, the page goes back to the top & they have to scroll back down to see their results. Not a huge deal, but kind of annoying.

I searched the forum for anchoring tips, but had no luck.

Here's my idea, but I'm not sure how to make it work (if it will work):

For example, I make an <a name="7"> on my html page at the location of the poll in question, then I want to <a href="#$poll_id"> (or something like that) in the code/template to return the current poll_id number (in this case "7") back into the <a href> to the redirect script.

I feel like this might anchor to whatever poll is currently giving results...but I'm not sure how to implement it into the redirect...any hints?

Thanks
medusahead
Beginner

hello,

Well, I'm hovering all around this problem & could use any advice anyone might have.

I can make links to the anchors in the template, but it needs to be automatic after a vote to get people back to the appropriate results, rather than the top of the page.
If I use a:

in the template, it doesn't make it to the final HTML page. I suspect that it is getting lost when the php processes. This tells me I need to make the redirect to the anchor via php...but where is it? I've scoured all the files, but am confused about what gets me back to my HTML after a vote.

Also, I considered stuffing the anchor (that has the same name as the poll-id) into a:

,but again, where? (if something like that would even work)

seriously, if anyone has any ideas, that would be awesome!
Thanks
medusahead
Beginner

I got a little advice at phpfreaks about using poll_id to anchor via redirect...

But i'm starting to think that a redirect is unnecessary since the page with results loads anyway...

If I just find what part of the codes loads/reloads the page with the results, then maybe I can add anchor info to that...

I could really use some help...really any advice would be useful...

Thanks

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum