If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Advanced Poll 2.0.7 - Can't login  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
Ipstenu

It was working fine, then I stoped being able to log in. Checked the database, saw it was weird (possibly corrupted) so I figured I'd delete it, make a new one.

On a totally fresh install, I put in 'admin' and 'poll' as my password and I can't log in! So I dump it, try again with a different password. Same thing. Third try, same story.

I have no idea what's going on. This is a brand new install, totally fresh, with a new database. I have access to the database (and it installs without errors).

I dig this program, but now it's just dead in the water
amber222
Graduate

Checked the database, saw it was weird (possibly corrupted) so I figured I'd delete it, make a new one.

Don't know what you mean by weird, but if you use CPanel, you can repair a database instead of deleting it.

On a totally fresh install, I put in 'admin' and 'poll' as my password and I can't log in!

Advanced Poll 2.0.7 db allows you to enter your own username and password upon successful installation. You get a screen asking for it. So, why would you use something as generic as "admin" and "poll" for your username and password? Perhaps you missed this in the installation.

Anyway, I used a test site to see if I could change the admin password from the database. Everything went wrong and as you said, I could no longer access admin, so I guess I had better make sure I only change the password by using the "Change Password" feature in Admin, as is no doubt how it was meant to be.

I was only able to get back into admin by deleting all of the poll tables from the database and running install.php again.

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum