If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
I can't see comments on my site. I've read so many posts...  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
kilerb

I've successfully installed Advanced Poll... I have the php code at the top

The poll works.

I have comments enabled and it does let me enter comments. However I can't make them visible to the public.

I've read about 5 posts about how to show the comments publicly. I've pasted the code differently many times now. I've changed it a bit to try and fit my site. But no matter what I do, they don't show up. I get the feeling I am VERY close, but I just don't know what to change. I've put the poll number in the partenthesis, I've tried different codes from the demos and these forums, but nothing works. I would paste the code here, but I've literally tried so many from these different sources that I don't even know what to show you. Here is the one from the forums that I've tried... What needs to be changed? Thanks a lot in advance!!!

I've tried changing the numbers in the parenthesis to my poll number but still does not work. The poll path at the top is the same path that I use to SHOW the poll on my page, correct?[/code]
amber222
Graduate

It looks like you are trying for Demo4, but you have changed $poll_path to proxy2.de website, not yours. You should not have to change that $poll_path line for this poll to work. Leave it at:

Also, I don't see where you called the form or ended the php code.

Below is the sample code for demo4. In your poll directory, there is already a file named demo_4.php. You can copy that file and then tweak it to remove the sample code on the left, or you can create your own file using the sample code (probably easier).

If you put the file in your poll directory, it should work as is. (Of course, if you are calling for poll ID 2, that poll must exist.) If you put the file in a different directory, you need to change the location of the files in the first few lines. Here's how it would be done if the file containing the comment poll is placed in the root directory, but the poll script files are in a directory named poll:

To summarize, locate in the demos which poll you want to use. From the left side of the demo page, copy the sample code and paste in the file you want the poll to appear in. If the file is going in a directory other than the poll directory, edit the lines that show the location of poll_cookie.php and the config.inc.php and other files in the include folder. Upload to your server and it should work.

If you still can't see comments, perhaps the issue could be with your database.

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum