If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
[Mod] Human Verification test for Advanced GuestBook 2.3.4  XML
Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
Wappendorf
Beginner

Hi, here is another mod to Advanced Guest Book 2.3.4 english or french.
This has only been tested on a private site.
This is beta software. Use at your own risk.
Comments and bug rapports are welcome.

Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Looks almost identical to the image verification code I released over a year ago.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
Wappendorf
Beginner

Carbonize wrote:Looks almost identical to the image verification code I released over a year ago.

I definitely didn't look well enough on this forum but as any image verification code is a must have...

BTW : An error in the code I first posted prevent it from beeing usefull.
Here is the mod to the mod if you had it already installed.

Edit : same problem with comments :
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Image Verification script, by Carbonize (Help reduce Guestbook spam):
http://proxy2.de/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9976
http://www.carbonize.co.uk/verification.zip is the official download for the image verification mod

Thats in the READ THIS FIRST thread

Carbonize

get Lazarus
JTD
Graduate

Well you know what they say carb. Imitation is the best flattery. To bad he is a dollar short and over a year late. I bet he even thought he had something special.

LINK-> Use Lazarus Guestbook
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN]
Wappendorf
Beginner

JTD wrote:Well you know what they say carb. Imitation is the best flattery. To bad he is a dollar short and over a year late. I bet he even thought he had something special.

Well, I should say, that I only had a quick look at Carbonize code just now. At first sight, it seems that it lacks the code to protect the comments to be spammed and doesn't seem to be "almost identical" at all as "my" code is mainly the code of Mert ÷–‹T that I found googling for an anti flood solution while Carbonize code seems to be original.
And the only "little" work I've done is to integrate the "Gitme Anti Flood" code into this mod.

Anyway, It works for me, I'm happy with this and I just wanted to share my work. And I won't feel sorry if some people aren't interested.

I'm just sorry to not having read the "READ THIS BEFORE POSTING ANY QUESTIONS!" thread. Btw, now that I've read some more of these forums, I think too, as someone else said, that the image verification should be included in the original Advanced Guest Book code and not as a mod.
And as I had no questions to ask, I didn't felt I had to read the "READ THIS BEFORE POSTING ANY QUESTIONS!" thread, and as the sticky post is a (too) simple (for me) human verification test and not the image verification test, this is why I felt I had to write this.

So you know.
JTD
Graduate

It is included in the Lazarus Guestbook. Made by Carb. Along with alot of other antispam featurs not found in AGB.

LINK-> Use Lazarus Guestbook
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN]
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

JTD wrote:It is included in the Lazarus Guestbook. Made by Carb. Along with alot of other antispam featurs not found in AGB.

No the image verification is not included with Lazarus.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
Auron
Expert
[Avatar]

Carbonize wrote:
JTD wrote:It is included in the Lazarus Guestbook. Made by Carb. Along with alot of other antispam featurs not found in AGB.

No the image verification is not included with Lazarus.

Maybe it should? Or is it already in the next version?

Visit my site @ www.ragnaru.com
Adv. Poll Install Guide NOW BACK ONLINE! (And also rather out of date I would of thought)
[Email] [WWW]
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

It is being contemplated.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
xtrem

Hello,

I installed Advance guestbokk 2.3.4--> works fine but lot of spam.

I try to install the image verification from carbonize and now I can no more sign the guestbook. I follow the solution for 2.3.2 and I'm not sure that is the same for 2.3.4

the code is ever wrong....

Could you help me?

my web site is http://lucy.artespace.ch and after you will find "livre d'or"

Thank you very much
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Download 2.3.4 and replace ALL your current guestbook files EXCEPT admin/config.inc.php then follow the instructions for Human Verification which is in the first thread.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
gbguruted

Hi,

I'm on 2.3.2 and it seems like some spammers are able to post messages that have an IP address that is already on my keep-out list. They also seem to be able to post messages that have words that are in my banned list, but with no substitution being made. So, somehow they are able to add entries that bypass the watchdog routines. Does 2.3.4 help with these?

Also, the keep-out list seems to ignore the wild card IP address entries, (e.g., I put in "203.125.", yet along comes 203.125.1.234 afterward). So somehow someone is able to bypass the watchdog for that, too.

Also, for 2.3.5, my wish is that the keep-out list could include both IP addresses, wild card addresses all the way down to just the first number, and also allow us to enter in names, like "localhost" or any name used by the spammers.

Wishing out loud. Keep up the great work. As the Beatles use to sing, "It's getting better all the time."
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

they should not be able to bypass neither the IP ban nor bad word filtering. Whats the link to your address along with a list of your bad words.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
xtrem

I follow the instruction but it is not working...

Is it a way to send me the modified file to my e-mail address....

no_spam_xtrem@freesurf.ch

thank you for your help,

Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum