If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Please help with AGB. I've screwed up :(  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
spunkylee
Beginner

Hi, I think I've messed up big time.

I forgot to put my server name in MySQL host field on the install.php page for the advanced guestbook where it had "localhost" to begin with. Now I keep getting the following error message each time I try to create tables with the correct host name:

MySQL Error : Database Error
Error Number: 1050 Table 'book_auth' already exists
Date : Sun, October 27, 2002 19:48:07
IP : 67.35.218.56
Browser : Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 9
Referer : http://www.spunkylee.com/guestbook/install.php
PHP Version : 4.2.3
Server : Apache/1.3.27 (Unix) FrontPage/5.0.2.2510 mod_ssl/2.8.11 OpenSSL/0.9.6a
Server Name : www.spunkylee.com

I can't access the the admin page or anything now. Anyone have any ideas what to do?

My Website: www.spunkylee.com
[Email] [WWW] aim icon
spunkylee
Beginner

Ok I fixed the last problem and have created the tables using the correct host name now..... but after I did that and try going to the admin page I get this error message:

Warning: Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /www/s/spunkylee/htdocs/guestbook/lib/mysql.class.php on line 30

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /www/s/spunkylee/htdocs/guestbook/lib/mysql.class.php on line 30
Connection Error
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MySQL Error : Connection Error
Error Number: 1045 Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: NO)
Date : Sun, October 27, 2002 21:27:25
IP : 67.35.218.56
Browser : Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 9
Referer : http://www.spunkylee.com/guestbook/install.php
PHP Version : 4.2.3
Server : Apache/1.3.27 (Unix) FrontPage/5.0.2.2510 mod_ssl/2.8.11 OpenSSL/0.9.6a
Server Name : www.spunkylee.com

This thing is harder to set up than I thought it was going to be lol

[Email] [WWW] aim icon
Anonymous

Ummm... I had the same problem when I installed. It's not a bug with the software, it's a human thing. You need to assign a user to the database that you created. I'm not sure how you're administering your SQL, but from my website control panel, I go to DB management. All my DBs are listed there. When I first installed PHP POLL, the user was created (me), but not linked to any DB in particular. You need to assign a user (yourself) to the PHP POLL DB.

That'll fix it.
Anonymous

or try the config.inc file and edit it there?
spunkylee
Beginner

I tried looking in the mysql.class.php file for the root@localhost username so that I could try changing it to my database username but I couldn't find it in that file anywhere. The error message said it was on line 30, but in the text editor you really can't tell where line 30 is so I don't know exactly what to do at this point. I will look at the config file as suggested and try to figure out what I might possibly be able to do there.

Warning: Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /www/s/spunkylee/htdocs/guestbook/lib/mysql.class.php on line 30

[Email] [WWW] aim icon

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum