If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Possible code for editing Date in admin  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
ndj5

Hello,

I’m new at coding, but have been trying to get a date editor in the admin section for AGB. I edited panel_edit.php in the gbook/admin dir. I placed:

<tr bgcolor="#EFEFEF">
<td width="25%"><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Date:</font></td>
<td><input type="text" name="date" size="44" maxlength="60" value=<?php echo date ("m.d.Y.H:i",$row['date']);
?>"></td>
</tr>

into the code and when I go into the admin view, it brings up a date field not in UNIX seconds, but in mm/dd/yyyy/min/sec view. The problem is when I save changes, it does not save changes. I’m hoping that I’m half way to a solution. Can someone please help me finish this job?

Nathan
spor
Student

if its not saving, maybe you need to enable the templates to be written to,(chmod) if your doing it through the online editor, otherwise you can edit them through dreamweaver or such
ndj5

Thanks for the reply Spor

The problem does not seam to be with primissions on the templates. I pull the files off the server, edit them, and reupload them. Also, if it were a problem with primissions, the other data in the template would not save and it is. Do you ahve any other suggestions? I think I have to add an 'include' somewhere, but i'm not srue where.

Nathan
Jared
Student

The templates are static unless there is specific code that has been declared throughout the scripts. If you try to place includes throughout the templates, it will not get parced. This is one of the weaknesses of this script. The same problem occurs if one wants to use Global includes. (Global includes such as header and footer are used for updateing a site template with just 2 or 3 files and spans every script and page on the domain)
This solution has a work-around by just placing the includes within the main script files, and then leaving the templates blank.

This is a good idea to have a date changer feature in the admin. The only way to change dates as of now, is to use a Unix time stamp convertor, and edit the database by hand. I did this when I changed to this guestbook, and it took me a couple of hours to do......very time consuming.

I have been thinking of working on something like this, and I don't think that it would be too difficult. Maybe when I get some time, I will try my hand at it.
[WWW] [Yahoo!] [MSN]

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum