If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
advanced guestbook 2.3.1 install help (newbie)  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
vingtor

Hi!

I need some help with installation of ad.guestbook.

I've uploaded all the files to my webhost

At the domain controll panel I used phpMyAdmin and added a MySQL database, "gbook" and a user and password.

Then I opened the config.inc.php file and modified the lines

/* database settings */

$GB_DB["dbName"] = "gbook";
$GB_DB["host"] = "localhost";
$GB_DB["user"] = "******";
$GB_DB["pass"] = "******";

should I add the host name of my host under host (mysql.hosted.servetheworld.net )??

Is there any other lines I need to edit?

2. When I run the www.kybmasters.com/guestbook/install.php
I get a page that seem to have some errors.
And what should I fill out under "your MySQL host", I guess it is the same as above.

And the error I get:
sql_error("Cannot connect to database"); @mysql_select_db($HTTP_POST_VARS['db'],$serverid) or $install->sql_error("Unable to select database: $db"); for ($i=0;$isql_error("Database Error"); } for ($i=0;$isql_error("Database Error"); } ?>

Thank you for any help, will be most apretiated
spor
Student

are you sure that "gbook" is the name of your database, and not just the name of the guestbook directory, as i think that is probablly the mistake you have made.
Anonymous

if it's a public_html folder on your host, it mat require your user name in front of the database name? i.e. username_gbook
vingtor

Well, Im still having trouble with this guestbook after I have tried the suggestions....

It would be great if someone could create a more detailed "how to install" this guestbook, for us newbies out there.

Anyway, Im gonna continue to struggle with this, and hopefully it will work sometime...

Anyway, thanks for any feedback so far and a guide would be appretiated.

thanks
vingtor

Well, been trying some more.

There is no public_html folder on my domain and I'm pretty sure that 'gbook' is the name of my database.

Anyway, I have discovered when I open the install file there seems to be an error with the enter host field and get some error further down the page as well.
As I have a look I discover that the host (mysql.hosted.servetheworld.net) have another port number than 80, is this a problem?
If so, where can I change this?
Because if I clik the button 'create table' I get an error page, the url not found....

any ideas?
Jared
Student

It might help if you have php installed or configuered on your server. In your case you don't

just a simple check of http://www.kybmasters.com/guestbook/phpinfo.php

tells me there is no php support on your server

either find another host, or ask your host to provide php support
[WWW] [Yahoo!] [MSN]

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum