If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: spunkylee
Forum Index » Profile for spunkylee » Messages posted by spunkylee
Nevermind I figured it out myself. You have to edit the lang>englis.php page.
I figured out how to add a link to my site in the footer template, but I can't figure out where to edit the top of the page.

See where it says "Thank you for stopping by my site. Here you can leave your mark."..... on my guestbook here: http://www.spunkylee.com/guestbook/index.php

I want to edit that part, but I can't figure out where it is.
I tried looking in the mysql.class.php file for the root@localhost username so that I could try changing it to my database username but I couldn't find it in that file anywhere. The error message said it was on line 30, but in the text editor you really can't tell where line 30 is so I don't know exactly what to do at this point. I will look at the config file as suggested and try to figure out what I might possibly be able to do there.

Warning: Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /www/s/spunkylee/htdocs/guestbook/lib/mysql.class.php on line 30
Ok I fixed the last problem and have created the tables using the correct host name now..... but after I did that and try going to the admin page I get this error message:

Warning: Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /www/s/spunkylee/htdocs/guestbook/lib/mysql.class.php on line 30

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /www/s/spunkylee/htdocs/guestbook/lib/mysql.class.php on line 30
Connection Error
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MySQL Error : Connection Error
Error Number: 1045 Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: NO)
Date : Sun, October 27, 2002 21:27:25
IP : 67.35.218.56
Browser : Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 9
Referer : http://www.spunkylee.com/guestbook/install.php
PHP Version : 4.2.3
Server : Apache/1.3.27 (Unix) FrontPage/5.0.2.2510 mod_ssl/2.8.11 OpenSSL/0.9.6a
Server Name : www.spunkylee.com

This thing is harder to set up than I thought it was going to be lol
Hi, I think I've messed up big time.

I forgot to put my server name in MySQL host field on the install.php page for the advanced guestbook where it had "localhost" to begin with. Now I keep getting the following error message each time I try to create tables with the correct host name:

MySQL Error : Database Error
Error Number: 1050 Table 'book_auth' already exists
Date : Sun, October 27, 2002 19:48:07
IP : 67.35.218.56
Browser : Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 9
Referer : http://www.spunkylee.com/guestbook/install.php
PHP Version : 4.2.3
Server : Apache/1.3.27 (Unix) FrontPage/5.0.2.2510 mod_ssl/2.8.11 OpenSSL/0.9.6a
Server Name : www.spunkylee.com

I can't access the the admin page or anything now. Anyone have any ideas what to do?

Forum Index » Profile for spunkylee » Messages posted by spunkylee
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum