If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Location of Data for Advanced Poll  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
Michael_C

I'm trying to set up the advanced poll to allow approx 1000 members to vote. Someone else installed "Advanced poll" and got as far as entering a small demo. It is using the Db side of the code, and I have had no luck, to date, in finding where the databases are stored. Before I spend any more time, I thought I would see if anyone has a tip on a quick way to find out - Is there a config file that tells the location?

I will be modifying the app to allow more than one person who shares the same membership id to vote (e.g., husband and wife each getting their own vote, but have only one membership id).
I'm planning on modifying has_voted in class_poll.php to accept the poll_id, user_id, and username. has_voted() would check the "voter history log" that I'll create, and return true if there is an entry. I figure the size of the table will be relatively small, and shouldn't be much of a hit. Is this a reasonable assumption?
I'll have to deal with the updating the voter history log - once I locate the function that currently creates the cookie.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Michael
amber222
Graduate

I believe your poll database should have 9 tables:
`poll_comment`, `poll_config`, `poll_data`, `poll_index`, `poll_ip`, `poll_log`, `poll_templates`, `poll_templateset`, and `poll_user`

Access the database through PhpMyAdmin. If you have CPanel, click on the MySql databases icon. There you will see a list of all databases and all users. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the link to PhpMyAdmin. Select your database in the pane on the left, and then the tables will show in the pane on the right.

Suggest you make a .sql file and examine the dumping data for each table. Search this forum for database or sql, and I believe you will find some instructions, although they were written about the guestbook. In fact, just look in the Guestbook forum. Find the sticky that says "read me before posting..." In that sticky is info about database. Just substitute poll for guestbook.

I can't offer suggestions on modifying the code.

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum