If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Polls don't exist?  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
Anonymous

I've just installed Advanced Poll onto my web space, via Fantastico, but when viewing the (mydomain/poll.php) it says poll 1does not exist' and the same for the rest... any ideas?

This program doesn't seem to be very helpful - especially the readmt/FAQ files!
amber222
Graduate

You are not very clear about this. Did you go into the Admin panel and do the setup, create some polls?
Auron
Expert
[Avatar]

Guest wrote:I've just installed Advanced Poll onto my web space, via Fantastico, but when viewing the (mydomain/poll.php) it says poll 1does not exist' and the same for the rest... any ideas?

This program doesn't seem to be very helpful - especially the readmt/FAQ files!

Your better off installing it yourself rather than letting Fantastuco do it.
It was pretty useless when i used it to install IPB it took up 15MB! I did it and it took a lot less.
Obvious- if the ydon't exsist create them!!

Visit my site @ www.ragnaru.com
Adv. Poll Install Guide NOW BACK ONLINE! (And also rather out of date I would of thought)
[Email] [WWW]
Anonymous

Thanks for the help! I've found the admin panel - the first I've heard of it! And sorted out most of those problems.

Except, I've inserted the code into the pages I want the poll in, it look OK, but after voting, an error appears at the top of the page, "Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by... "

And, I've got 2 different sections on my site, with different layouts etc. and name - so do I have to install the poll again to make things (settings mainly) different?
Auron
Expert
[Avatar]

it depends what settings your changing.
You can quite easily create multiple polls and include a different one on each page.
The cannot add... error has been solved before do a search on it for lots of lengthy and short explanations of it.

Adv. Poll Install Guide NOW BACK ONLINE! (And also rather out of date I would of thought)
[Email] [WWW]
Anonymous

Yes I am gettting the same error
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/*****/public_html/skins/cookiecheck.php:2 in /home/*****/public_html/poll/poll_cookie.php on line 21

I don't know what this means or what I am supposed to do.
Anonymous

Nevermind I searched the forums long and hard and found s thread regarding this problem.

http://proxy2.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2067http://proxy2.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2067
Anonymous

i feel so inadequate here! you all seem to know about this stuff and i'm lost. i created a test poll - it has an ID4 yet when i hit the page it shows only code.
http://www.skylinepublications.com/storypoll/

what am i doing wrong?
demo 3 shows my test poll
i placed that script on my page but all i see is the script
can anyone help?
Anonymous

Most of us were also in the dark once. Visiting this site regularly and reading the posts is how we learned.

I looked at the source code on your page, and it appears that you just copied everything. Not sure which type of poll you are wanting, but I'm don't think you will need them all.

Here is a post that may help: http://proxy2.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3486

Just curious? Why did you start with poll ID#4? What happened to 1, 2 and 3?
Anonymous

One reason you are seeing the script is because the cookie code was not placed before the <html> in your doc.
Auron
Expert
[Avatar]

if you can see the cookie code and the poll code then you haven't changed the page' extension from .htm/.html to .php

does that make sense? PHP code requires a .php extension even though
it does contain HTML and thus should also have a .htm/.html extension. But
.php extension files act exactly the same as .htm/.html files apart from the
file extension which tells the server that the requested file needs to be
processed by the server and not just sent directly to the browser.

Auron

[Email] [WWW]
Alert

Auron wrote:if you can see the cookie code and the poll code then you haven't changed the page' extension from .htm/.html to .php

Auron

THANKS MAN...YOU SAVED MY LIFE
Auron
Expert
[Avatar]

No problem, glad to help

[Email] [WWW]

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum