If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Small problem with poll Advanced Poll  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
Anonymous

I am having a problem getting my advanced poll to show up on a test site i am working on. I have read through a bunch of these posts but still having problems.

http://www.mainstreetdesigns.com/poll/

This is all that shows up on the site when i install the poll and paste the code from the admin page.

Any help would be appreciated!!
amber222
Graduate

It looks like you copied the source code from their demo page, instead of the source code for a particular poll demo. If you want to copy a demo and then tweak it, you would be better off finding one of the demo files from your copy of the program that is in your computer or on your server and working with it. I'm not exactly sure which directory they are in, but if you look around, you should find them.

When I looked at your page, I clicked on "Demo3" at the top, and there is your test poll.

Also, you have made several pages that aren't necessary.

I tried to visit your home page to get your email address, but an error comes up for your index.php file.
Anonymous

Since you are only trying to perform a test, here is some test code. Create a new file called poll.php (or whatever.php) and Copy and paste the code into it. Change the path info to match yours, save it, making sure it is a .php file. (You can get your correct path by clicking on help in the Admin Panel.) Upload the file to your server and see if it works.

I put poll ID #4 but you can change it to whatever you want as long as a poll by that ID number exists in the Admin Panel.

Remember, this is only a test doc. Good luck.
filosofizer

Is there anyway to get a poll to showup on a non-php page? I want the poll to display on my index page...

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum