If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Update guestbook  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
Dankbaar

Hi
at www.nadinemcneil.com/book/guestbook.html I have a running guestbook.
I want to update tht navigation (in the top) so I have to replace the existing html.
Now there are 18 entry's in the guestbook. How can I keep those while still replacing the html around the guestbook.
Is there a way to do this?

Thankx Dineke

Hi
I seem to be a real newbie. Templates??? Where can I find them and how do I alter them. By the way I work with guestbook.1.5.

Dineke
And I do not understand how to reply in this forum
[Email]
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Edit the templates. Everything is template driven. This will not affect the entries.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
Trevor
Student
[Avatar]

Hi Dineke,

Had a look at your guestbook. You're using the Sothink DHTML menu on all your website pages. I'm assuming that because it's on every page you're using an include tag and that it's not written into each and every page. That being the case then changing the menu won't affect the guestbook. Quick point - on your menu the word 'guestbook' is 9 point font, everything else is 8 point.

If you do want to edit your templates you'll find them in a sub-directory called templates. If you're not entirely sure about changing them then make back ups first - they're easy to screw up but hard to unscrew.

To post a reply just hit 'post reply' at the top or bottom of the page.

Trevor
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum