If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
E-Mail notification  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Hmmmmmmmmmm I don't see why my idea of doubling the mail function didn't work. I wonder if putting a CC in the header would work. Let me look into it.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
Anonymous

If it sheds any light on the subject, I formerly got emails whenever somebody posted to my guestbook. One day that stopped working (over six months ago), and I learned to live without the notifications.

I formerly thought it was a problem with my web host, since I had done nothing to my Guestbook, and the host people were clueless about the Guestbook, even though they offer it as a feature. Now I'm thinking it's a problem with the ever-intensifying scruitny of emails by spam filters. (I've recently made extensive changes to my Guestbook, and I'm digging into things to find the root of the notification problem.)

On my Guestbook, addresses go out fine to some of my email addresses (on comcast.net), but won't go under any circumstances to others (on aol.com).
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Yes as is being discussed in another thread AOL's spam filters hate email notifications.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Ok to send two emails try this. Open add.class.php and findIt occurs twice. Where it says try this

Carbonize

get Lazarus

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum