If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: LCAngela
Forum Index » Profile for LCAngela » Messages posted by LCAngela
Sorry, I should have mentioned that in my first post. I'm using the text-file version.

I reuploaded everything but the /image folder, and I'm getting the same result. I'm also noticing that when I untick the "comments" box when I edit one of the demo polls, I'm unable to turn comments back on and have that setting "stick." When I view the poll's properties again, and Ctrl+F5 to get the correct version of the page (which seems to need to happen anytime I make changes to anything), the box remains unticked.

I can use the DB version if I need to...just wanted to see if I could get the text-file version to work for me first.
I double-checked, and yes, all the files are there.

After a bit of tinkering, I've discovered that
1. The demo polls all work and display fine.
2. The demo polls all have comments enabled.
3. After disabling comments on the demo polls, they are no longer visible on the site's main page!

Difference between default "demo" #1, comments enabled:

...And the comments-disabled version:

Yvria[+]ordo-iniquitas@lunaclick.net[+]http://ordo-iniquitas.lunaclick.net is my character's name, the website email address, and the website URL. I notice they're replaced the final "1" at the end of the first line. Could this be what's causing the problem?

I ran a search through the /poll files in my website folder locally, and could find no instances of "Yvria" or "ordo-iniquitas." I also checked the config.inc.php, just in case, and they're not in there, either.

Curiouser and curiouser...
*waves to Auron*

Whenever you get a minute, although the sooner I can get this issue fixed, the happier I'll be! LOL
If anyone needs any more information about the problem or my server, please just ask...I'd love to get this thing up and running without abandoning it for another poll script.
I'm not sure if you can use .htaccess or another method to parse PHP code on an .html page, but just changing the file extension is by far the easiest way to resolve the issue.

You might try searching the Support forum for a solution; I remember reading a few tidbits about this very issue yesterday (while scouring the forum for an answer to my own problem ).

Sorry I couldn't be of more help!
Your .html page must be changed to .php for the PHP code to be parsed properly. Your server must also have PHP installed and running.
Hello, all! I've read loads of posts and ran a couple searches, but found nothing relating to the problem I'm having with Advanced Poll.

I'm not totally new to PHP, but I'm still learning. I do know that I'm trying to include my poll in a .php page, that my include syntax and placement are correct, and that the admin panel runs just fine (although I did have to do some hard refreshes to make it reflect changes I made in the config).

When I attempt to view my poll on my site, though, the space where the poll should be is empty:
http://ordo-iniquitas.lunaclick.net
(Poll box is at bottom of left-side menu -- and it's just a tiny site for me and my friends, so please don't play with the working resources! :roll

I'm positive that I've done everything correctly. Is there something I haven't thought of? (For instance, does Advanced Poll require register_globals to be off?)

Thanks in advance.

Forum Index » Profile for LCAngela » Messages posted by LCAngela
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum