If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: dwmegill
Forum Index » Profile for dwmegill » Messages posted by dwmegill
I can't get past the admin log in window and now when trying to reinstall I can't get past the first page of install.php. I'm running PHP 5.0.4 on Tiger. But this problem showed up on a Panther install with an early php version 3.? and it was working fine and then I couldn't get into admin and the polls didn't talk to the mySQL but I could view them? It just suddenly stopped working. Is this the same problem being discussed here?
I get the same error on polls that used to work. Now I can't even log in as admin. I'm running on OSX Tiger and wonder if this is a new security issue with php files that are no longer given permission to the AdvPoll calls. I can still call up a poll (using db) but the poll no longer updates the database and no longer sends back the poll view. I can however call for the view directly from the db and it shows fine?? Anyone else have this problem? I'm having to covert everything to Convert Script (flat file -- ugh!) because I just can't seem to find what was changed. I don't want to mess with the php files unless I have to.
The connection to the database seems to be ok because I can have polls called up to take and view but after the poll is up the vote doesn't seem to make it to the database (I think I get the error that the ID can't be found or poll is disabled). When I view the poll and click on the comment button I get the error explicitly.

Thanks
I'm using a Mac OSX host and everything was great. Suddenly I cannot get past the login window for admin and all the polls don't respond when submitted. I can display polls so I know the database connection is working.

Is there some javascript call that is out of date or a permission problem? I can't believe others are not also having this problem. I have installed on three other computers and they all don't respond. It looks like it is on the server side instead of the client. I've tried to login on PCs as well as Macs.

Error seems to be the poll id is not found or has been disabled?

I really like this software but will have to move to Voting Script if I can't find the problem. I can fix code if I know where to look or where the problem is.

I really want to stay with this so any help would be appreciated.
I also can no longer even take a poll (using database). I can view the polls with php code but when I try to take a poll it merely returns to the poll without showing results. I also get ignored when I try to log into the admin window without error.

I'm hosting on Mac OSX and it worked fine but just suddenly stopped and I wonder if it was because of a security update from Apple (I can't remember the sequence). Anyone else having a problem recently?

Do I have my permissions screwed up?

Thanks for any help.
I have had this running well for quite a while but suddenly when I call up a poll I cannot submit a vote or look at at the results. It just returns the poll rather than the results. I also cannot login as admin. It doesn't complain just doesn't go to the next screen. I also cannot reinstall a new version of the software. Is this a permission problem? Any help would be appreciated.

Forum Index » Profile for dwmegill » Messages posted by dwmegill
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum