If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: amber222
Forum Index » Profile for amber222 » Messages posted by amber222
In Admin, General Settings, Modify the general settings , check to make sure the URL to poll directory and URL to image directory are correct. If not, change them there.

Be sure to read the readme.txt file for the program, and give the correct file permissions.
I don't know why - if it's an error or what - but after scaning the directory, I had to type in codes and descriptions for each of the smilies. Then after saving the info, the edit and delete buttons were added. I just put codes like:

It won't save it unless you also include the description.
It may be easy for you - are you familiar with php?, but I've spent all evening duplicating code where I see it for the name, location, etc, for my new fields, and replacing the names for the fields or tables with the names of the tables I created for my new fields...

I don't know php - I never even heard of it until a couple of months ago. Also, I don't know what I was thinking when I posted that.

I should say that the first part seemed easy. It looked good on the addentry form, anyway. Problem is I forgot about several issues!

So I did add 5 fields, they show up on the addentry.php, the preview and the guestbook. I added these fields to the data table, also. But I still need to find the code to have the input for these fields show up in the guestbook.

I edited the following files:

addentry.php
form.php
entry.php
preview_entry.php
english.php
add_class.php

I am working with a "test" guestbook at http://www.thepraisegates.net/guestbook/index.php

I am just playing around with this and have no real need for it. If you are not in a rush I suggest you wait for Carbonize's mod.

If you are in a rush, maybe we can talk someone reading this to take up where I left off.
I added fields manually. It was fairly easy.

So, Carbonize, are you planning on coming up with an automated way to do it?
Carbonize, that upgrade didn't happen yet. I am doing this for someone else. - I don't know, maybe a day or two.
If we're talking about Advanced Guestbook, I am not sure what you mean when you say add questions... do you perhaps mean add some fields to the guestbook's signing form? Where name, email, location, etc. are?
You were saying you followed Trevor's instructions. I read through the posts, and it doesn't appear that his posts had anything to do with that javascript.
I tried what you said first Carbonize, but that didn't work... So now I'm working on what you said Trevor Smile It works atleast. But now the problem is more this:

I was just pointing out that when I look at the source code, there is a javascript in both the guestbook/index.php and guestbook/addentry.php files. But the code is not quite the same in each one. Since both of these files are in the same directory, and the script is calling the same thing, I would think they would be identical. But now that I think about it, you are trying to do something entirely different, and I am not the person to advise you on this. You should just disregard my previous post.

Perhaps Trevor will be able to help you when he returns.
I don't know much about this, but look at the source code for the two documents, specifically in the script near the bottom:

Guestbook index.php:

addentry.php:

I'm wondering if it's the path that was placed in the file. Since you are already in the guestbook directory when you are at the index page, when you go to addentry, do you need the "gjestebok/" in the path...?
It's the English language file.

Something else I decided to do was edit the line that says Guestbook - Administration Center... etc.

Since nobody should see this but me, I decided to change it so it couldn't be found from a search of that phrase. (Even though I have a robots.txt excluding the robots from my guestbook, I know that some don't always follow the rules.)
I'm using Phpnuke, too. I haven't tried this, so unfortunately I can't help. I was wondering if you were familiar with Chris Karakas?

http://www.karakas-online.de/forum/viewforum.php?f=1

You might do a search at the forum there or post a question. This guy seems to know everything Nuke.

I have not been able to get much of anything pertaining to the guestbook to work in Nuke, but I haven't really pursued any answers yet.
Yea, that's what I'm talking about. Thanks.
Might you give us a link so we can see what the problem is?

You may want to check "Table, Font And Color Options" under Admin, General Settings

I could be very wrong, but I think the "Frame Color" is what you are asking about.

FYI, here is a link to websafe colors that shows the Color numbers:

http://www.permadi.com/tutorial/websafecolor/
Okay, Thanks!

Like I said, it will be later on tonight. I'll keep you posted.
Thanks a lot. I'm sure somebody can use this - in fact I thought I saw a post last week asking about javascript.

Just one last question - you don't have to put any special code at the top of the document pertaining to javascript language?
Carbonize, I'd like to try the script. How can I get it? I will be upgrading one later tonight or tomorrow... wish I'd had it yesterday.

Forum Index » Profile for amber222 » Messages posted by amber222
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum